Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tokyo Tower Ascent: Attempt No. 1

I went to the Tokyo Tower the other day to look around. I was obviously impressed since that is often the aim of sculptures like this. The Japanese take pride that their tower is taller than the Eiffel tower. I guess size really does matter… We were all hoping to go up to the observation deck after a birthday party but the chilluns were tired so we got dinner and went home instead. I got some cool pictures just walking around the base though! It was really neat to see another one of those things most foreigners only see in pictures up close and personal. The Tokyo Tower is an integral part of the skyline and has often reoriented and helped me get my bearings while I’m out on the town. Hopefully next time I will be able to go inside and look around.

1 comment:

Kaelie said...

Can't wait to hear about the inside and the view! Keep on tryin' to get up there! :) You can do it! :D tee hee